Does AP World History Have a Final Exam?

Are you taking AP World History and wondering if there is a final exam? The short answer is yes. However, there are some important details to keep in mind.

What is AP World History?

AP World History is a course offered by the College Board that covers the history of the world from prehistory to the present day. This course aims to develop students’ abilities to think critically and analyze historical events and processes.

How is AP World History graded?

AP courses are scored on a scale of 1-5, with 5 being the highest score possible. The final grade for AP World History is determined by combining scores from two main components: the multiple-choice section and the free-response section.

The multiple-choice section consists of 55 questions and accounts for 40% of the final score. The free-response section includes three essay questions and accounts for the remaining 60% of the score.

Is there a final exam?

Yes, there is a final exam for AP World History. The exam consists of two sections: Section I, which includes multiple-choice questions, and Section II, which includes free-response questions.

Section I: Multiple-Choice Questions

In this section, students have 55 minutes to answer 55 multiple-choice questions. These questions assess students’ knowledge of historical concepts, themes, and processes.

Section II: Free-Response Questions

This section includes three essay questions that students must answer in a total of two hours and ten minutes. These essays require students to demonstrate their ability to analyze historical documents, make connections between different periods in history, and construct well-supported arguments.

How should I prepare for the final exam?

To prepare for the final exam in AP World History, it’s important to review key concepts from throughout the course. This may include reviewing historical events, analyzing primary sources, and practicing writing essays.

One helpful resource for preparing for the exam is the AP World History Course and Exam Description, which includes a detailed outline of the course content and sample exam questions.

Conclusion

In summary, AP World History does have a final exam that consists of two sections: multiple-choice questions and free-response questions. To prepare for the exam, it’s important to review key concepts from throughout the course and practice writing essays. With dedication and hard work, you can succeed on this challenging exam and earn a high score in AP World History.