Are you considering taking AP World History Modern? Perhaps you’re wondering whether it’s a difficult course to undertake. In this article, we’ll explore the question, “Is AP World History Modern hard?”.
What is AP World History Modern?
AP World History Modern is a college-level course that covers world history from the year 1200 CE to the present day. The course aims to provide students with a broad understanding of historical events and trends that have shaped our modern world. Students are expected to analyze primary and secondary sources, compare different societies and cultures, and develop critical thinking skills.
The Difficulty of AP World History Modern
So, is AP World History Modern hard? The answer is not a simple one.
On one hand, this is an advanced course that requires a lot of reading, writing, and analytical thinking. The curriculum covers a lot of material in a short amount of time, which can be overwhelming for some students.
On the other hand, AP World History Modern is designed to challenge students and prepare them for college-level coursework. The course provides an excellent opportunity for students who are interested in history to explore the subject in-depth.
The course material covers six historical periods:
- The Global Tapestry (1200-1450)
- The First Global Age (1450-1750)
- An Age of Revolution (1750-1900)
- The Rise of Nationalism (1900-1939)
- World at War (1939-1945)
- The Cold War and Contemporary Era (1945-Present)
As you can see, there’s a lot of ground to cover in just one academic year. However, teachers often break down each period into subtopics or themes that help students make sense of the material.
The AP World History Modern exam consists of two sections: multiple-choice and free-response. The multiple-choice section has 55 questions, and students have 55 minutes to complete it. The free-response section has three essay questions, and students have two hours and 15 minutes to complete it.
How to Succeed in AP World History Modern
If you’re considering taking AP World History Modern, here are some tips to help you succeed:
- Stay organized: Create a study schedule that breaks down the course material into manageable chunks.
- Read actively: Take notes as you read the textbook and other course materials.
- Practice writing: Develop your writing skills by practicing with past free-response questions.
- Analyze primary sources: Learn how to analyze primary sources effectively, as they are a significant part of the exam.
- Engage in class discussions: Participate in class discussions and ask questions if you need clarification on any topic.
So, is AP World History Modern hard? It’s a challenging course that requires a lot of hard work and dedication.
However, with proper preparation and study habits, anyone can succeed in this class. Remember to stay organized, read actively, practice writing, analyze primary sources effectively, engage in class discussions and seek help when needed. Good luck!