Are you planning a visit to the Carnegie Museum of Natural History in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania? One of the most common questions that visitors ask is whether the museum is free or not. In this article, we’ll explore the different admission options and prices available at this fascinating museum.
The Carnegie Museum of Natural History offers various admission options for visitors to choose from. These include:
- General Admission
- Student Admission
- Child Admission
- Senior Admission
- Military Admission
- Carnegie Museums Membership
General Admission Prices
If you’re not a member of the museum, general admission prices apply. Here are the current general admission prices:
- Adults: $19.95
- Children (ages 3-18): $11.95
- Students (with ID), Seniors (65+), and Military: $14.95
Free Days at the Carnegie Museum of Natural History
If you’re looking for a way to enjoy the museum for free, there are certain days when general admission is waived for all visitors. These free days usually occur on specific dates throughout the year and are announced on the museum’s website.
It’s important to note that while general admission may be waived on these days, special exhibitions may still require an additional fee.
Carnegie Museums Membership Benefits
If you plan on visiting the Carnegie Museum of Natural History more than once in a year, it may be worth considering purchasing a membership. There are several benefits to becoming a member, including:
- Free, unlimited admission to all four Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh (Carnegie Museum of Art, Carnegie Museum of Natural History, Carnegie Science Center, and The Andy Warhol Museum)
- Discounts on special exhibitions, events, and educational programs
- Early access to special exhibitions
- Invitations to members-only events
In summary, the Carnegie Museum of Natural History does charge admission fees for general visitors. However, there are several ways to enjoy the museum for free or at a discounted rate. Whether you’re a first-time visitor or a regular patron, the museum’s unique exhibits and collections are sure to delight and inspire.