Many people claim to be followers of Jesus Christ, but how do you know if He is truly the Lord of your life It’s easy to say we believe in Him, but true faith goes beyond mere words. In this article, we will explore what it means to have Jesus as the Lord of your life and how you can deepen your relationship with Him.
What Does it Mean to Have Jesus as the Lord of Your Life
When we say that Jesus is the Lord of our life, we are acknowledging that He is in control. We are surrendering our will to His and trusting Him with every aspect of our lives. This means that we seek His guidance in everything we do and trust that His plan for us is better than anything we could come up with on our own.
Having Jesus as the Lord of our life also means that we strive to live according to His teachings. We don’t just believe in Him, but we also try to follow His example by loving others, serving those in need, and sharing the good news of salvation with others.
How Do You Know if Jesus is Really the Lord of Your Life
If you’re not sure whether or not Jesus is truly the Lord of your life, here are a few questions to ask yourself:
- Do I seek God’s guidance in every decision I make
- Do I trust God’s plan for my life even when things don’t go according to my plan
- Am I striving to live according to Christ’s teachings
- Do I have a desire to share my faith with others
If you answered “no” to any of these questions, it doesn’t mean that you aren’t a follower of Jesus. However, it may indicate that there are areas in your life where you need to surrender control to Him and deepen your relationship with Him.
How Can You Deepen Your Relationship with Jesus
If you want to grow closer to Jesus and make Him the Lord of your life, here are a few things you can do:
- Spend time in prayer: Set aside time each day to talk with God and listen for His guidance.
- Read the Bible: The Bible is God’s word and is filled with wisdom and guidance for our lives.
- Get involved in a church: Surround yourself with other believers who can encourage and support you on your journey.
- Serve others: Look for ways to serve those in need and show Christ’s love to them.
If you want Jesus to be the Lord of your life, it starts with surrendering control to Him and striving to live according to His teachings. This isn’t always easy, but as we deepen our relationship with Him through prayer, reading the Bible, fellowship with other believers, and serving others, we will find that He is faithful and will guide us every step of the way.