Are you planning a visit to the Natural Museum of History in New York City but wondering about the admission fees? Well, you’re in luck! In this article, we’ll answer the frequently asked question – Is Natural Museum of History free?
The good news is that the Natural Museum of History offers general admission to visitors on a pay-what-you-wish basis. This means that visitors can pay any amount they wish to enter the museum.
However, please note that there is a suggested admission fee for adults which is $23. The museum suggests this amount to help cover operating costs and ensure that the museum remains accessible to all.
Other Admission Options
Apart from general admission, there are other admission options available as well. For example:
- Special Exhibitions: Some exhibitions may require an additional fee on top of general admission. Make sure to check beforehand.
- Museum Tours: The Natural Museum of History offers various tours for an additional fee ranging from $15-$50 depending on the type and length of tour.
- Planetarium Shows: Visitors can attend planetarium shows for an additional fee ranging from $9-$28 depending on age and type of show.
Tips for Visitors
If you’re planning to visit the Natural Museum of History on a budget, here are some tips that might help:
- Pay-What-You-Wish: As mentioned earlier, visitors can pay any amount they wish as part of general admission. So if you’re on a tight budget, you can pay a lower amount than the suggested fee.
- Suggested Admission Times: The museum suggests visiting during certain times when admission is likely to be less crowded.
You can check the museum’s website for more information on suggested admission times.
- Free Tours: If you’re interested in taking a tour of the museum, there are free tours available as well. These tours are led by volunteers and cover various aspects of the museum’s exhibits.
So, is Natural Museum of History free? The answer is yes and no.
While general admission is on a pay-what-you-wish basis, there may be additional fees for special exhibitions, tours, and planetarium shows. However, with some planning and budgeting, you can enjoy all that the museum has to offer without breaking the bank.