The internet has revolutionized the way we consume information. With the rise of streaming services like Amazon Prime, it’s easier than ever to access movies, TV shows, and documentaries on-demand.
But have you ever wondered if you could also stream the history of the world on Amazon Prime In this article, we’ll explore this topic and see what options are available for those interested in learning more about history.
Documentaries on Amazon Prime
Amazon Prime offers a wide selection of documentaries that cover various historical events and periods. From ancient civilizations to modern-day conflicts, there’s something for everyone. Some of the popular documentaries available on Amazon Prime include:
- The Civil War: A Ken Burns Film – This award-winning documentary series covers one of the most significant events in American history.
- Ancient Aliens: The Series – This fascinating documentary series explores theories about extraterrestrial life and its impact on human history.
- The Story of Us: With Morgan Freeman – This series narrated by Morgan Freeman takes viewers on a journey through human history, exploring our triumphs and challenges along the way.
Movies on Amazon Prime
In addition to documentaries, Amazon Prime also offers a selection of historical movies that are both entertaining and educational. Some of these movies include:
- Saving Private Ryan: This Academy Award-winning movie directed by Steven Spielberg depicts the harrowing experiences of American soldiers during World War II.
- The Last Samurai: Starring Tom Cruise, this movie takes place during Japan’s Meiji Restoration and explores themes such as tradition vs. modernization.
- Gandhi: This biographical movie tells the story of Mahatma Gandhi, the leader of India’s non-violent independence movement.
Books on Amazon Prime
For those who prefer to read about history, Amazon Prime also offers a vast selection of books on various historical events and figures. Some of these books include:
- The Guns of August: This Pulitzer Prize-winning book by Barbara Tuchman covers the events leading up to World War I.
- The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich: Written by William L. Shirer, this book is an in-depth look at Nazi Germany and its impact on world history.
- A People’s History of the United States: Written by Howard Zinn, this book offers a different perspective on American history from the viewpoint of marginalized groups.
In conclusion, while you can’t exactly stream the history of the world on Amazon Prime, there are plenty of options available for those interested in learning more about historical events and figures. From documentaries to movies to books, Amazon Prime offers a vast selection that caters to all interests and preferences. So whether you’re a visual learner or prefer reading about history, Amazon Prime has got you covered.