If you’re planning a visit to the Natural History Museum, one of the most popular questions you might have is – what is the entrance fee? Well, the good news is that the entrance fee for the Natural History Museum is free! Yes, you read that right – there’s no cost to enter this fascinating museum.
However, while general admission is free, there are some special exhibits and events that may require a fee. These exhibitions often include rare and unique artifacts or interactive displays that are not part of the museum’s regular collection.
To help plan your visit and avoid any confusion about fees, it’s best to check the museum’s website before your trip. Additionally, keep in mind that some exhibits may have limited availability or require advanced reservations.
Now that we’ve established that general admission into the Natural History Museum is free let’s explore some of its fascinating exhibits.
Highlights of The Natural History Museum
- Dinosaurs: The museum has an impressive collection of dinosaur fossils including a T-Rex skeleton.
- Gems and Minerals: This exhibit showcases an extensive collection of gems and minerals from all over the world.
- Human Origins: Explore our evolutionary history and discover how humans became what they are today.
- Ocean Life: Discover a vast array of marine life from small sea creatures to giant whales.
If you’re planning on visiting the Natural History Museum soon, here’s some helpful information:
- Address: The museum is located at Central Park West & 79th St New York City, NY 10024-5192.
- Museum Hours:The museum is open seven days a week from 10:00 am to 5:45 pm, except on Thanksgiving and Christmas day.
- Getting There: The museum is easily accessible via public transportation. You can take the Subway (B or C train to 81st St. Museum of Natural History) or bus (M79, M7, M10, M11, or M86).
The Natural History Museum is an incredible destination for anyone interested in science and natural history. And the best part is that you don’t have to worry about an entrance fee!
Whether you’re exploring the dinosaur exhibits or learning about our human origins, there’s something for everyone at this amazing museum. So pack your bags and get ready for a fun-filled day of discovery!