The Natural History Museum is a popular destination for nature enthusiasts and history buffs alike. This museum is a treasure trove of information on the flora, fauna, and geology of India.
But where exactly is this amazing museum situated? Let’s find out!
The Location of the Natural History Museum
The Natural History Museum in India is situated in New Delhi, the capital city of India. It is located on Tansen Marg, near Mandi House and Connaught Place. The address of the museum is:
Natural History Museum
Tansen Marg, Mandi House
How to Reach the Natural History Museum?
- By Metro: The nearest metro station to the museum is Janpath Metro Station on the Violet Line.
- By Bus: There are several buses that stop near the museum, including routes 120, 124, 181A, 185A, and more.
- By Car: If you are driving to the museum, there is ample parking available nearby.
About the Natural History Museum
The Natural History Museum was established in 1978 with a mission to create awareness about India’s rich natural heritage. The museum has an impressive collection of over two lakh specimens of plants, animals, fossils, and minerals.
Some of the highlights of this museum include:
- The Human Biology Gallery that showcases different aspects of human biology such as anatomy and genetics.
- The Animal Gallery that exhibits various species of animals from all over India.
- The Botanical Gallery that displays specimens of plants and trees found in India.
- The Geology Gallery that showcases different types of rocks, minerals, and fossils.
The Natural History Museum also hosts special exhibitions from time to time. These exhibitions are designed to educate visitors about specific topics related to natural history. Some of the recent exhibitions hosted by the museum include:
- The Dinosaur Exhibition that showcased the evolution of dinosaurs and their extinction.
- The Butterfly Exhibition that highlighted the importance of butterflies in our ecosystem.
- The Wildlife Photography Exhibition that displayed stunning photographs of wildlife from all over India.
The Natural History Museum is a must-visit destination for anyone interested in learning about India’s natural heritage. With its impressive collection of specimens, informative galleries, and engaging special exhibitions, this museum is sure to leave you with a newfound appreciation for the natural world around us. So go ahead and plan your visit today!