Have you ever wondered who starred in the classic comedy film, History of the World Part 1? This Mel Brooks masterpiece is a hilarious take on various historical events and figures. Let’s take a look at the talented actors who brought these characters to life.
The Main Cast
- Mel Brooks – As the writer, director, and one of the main actors in the film, Mel Brooks played multiple roles including Moses, Comicus, and Torquemada. His comedic timing and wit were on full display throughout the movie.
- Madeline Kahn – A frequent collaborator with Brooks, Madeline Kahn portrayed Empress Nympho in History of the World Part 1. Her over-the-top performance added to the absurdity of the film.
- Harvey Korman – Known for his work on The Carol Burnett Show, Harvey Korman played multiple roles in the film including Count de Monet.
His ability to play both serious and comedic characters made him a perfect fit for this movie.
- Dom DeLuise – Another regular collaborator with Brooks, Dom DeLuise played Emperor Nero in History of the World Part 1. His physical comedy and improvisation skills made for some of the funniest moments in the film.
- Ron Carey – In one of his most memorable roles, Ron Carey played Swiftus, a servant to Empress Nympho. His comedic timing and facial expressions were hilarious.
Notable Supporting Cast Members
- Sid Caesar – A legendary comedian known for his work on Your Show of Shows, Sid Caesar played Chief Caveman in the film.
- Orson Welles – The iconic filmmaker and actor lent his voice to the narrator of the film.
- Cloris Leachman – Another frequent collaborator with Brooks, Cloris Leachman played Madame Defarge in one of the film’s most memorable scenes.
- Spike Milligan – A British comedian and writer, Spike Milligan played a caveman in the movie. His physical comedy added to the slapstick humor of the film.
History of the World Part 1 featured a talented cast of comedic actors who brought their A-game to every scene. With Mel Brooks leading the charge, this movie remains a classic in the world of comedy.